Example of Recount Text - Do You Know This Girl

Do You Know This Girl?

I was in the park with my older sister, Cathy, on Friday. My sister left her jacket on a bench while we talked to some friends. When we went back to the bench, a girl in a red T-shirt was sitting there. She had some money in her hand. When she saw us, she got up and walked away.

I said to my sister. “Did you have any money in your jacket?”

She said, “Yes, Anna, I did.” I said, “Look in your jacket quickly.” Cathy looked in her jacket, but her money was not there.

“That girl stole it!” I said, and we all ran after her. We caught her quickly.

My sister was very angry and she said,”Give me the money!” The girl gave the money to Cathy and ran away. We all ran after her, but we lost her.

Then we went home. But before we could tell our parents, my mother said to Cathy, “You left your money at home. It's on the table in the sitting room. You must be more careful with money.”

So the girl in the red T-shirt was not a thief! She probably thought we were thieves! We felt terrible.

Please telephone us if you know this girl. We are very sorry for our mistake. We would like to say sorry to her and give her money back to her. Our number is 512667. My name is Anna.

(Taken from Junior Comprehension 2, 2000)

Comments

  1. Amazing article I like it , Did you check this Education information website it's like yours

    lifeguard certification

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Example of Narrative Text - A Little Girl in a Village

Example of Narrative Text - An Honest Boy