PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE EXERCISE 5

Mix and match!
  1. I had been trying to call him all morning 
  2. We had been working on the project for months 
  3. She had red eyes because she had been peeling onions. 
  4. I hadn’t been walking for very long before 
  5. The snow was very deep. 
  6. When he asked me the questions, I realized 
  7. They hadn’t been living there very long 
  8. She was ill because 
  9. They said they had only been waiting
  • I hadn’t been paying any attention to him. 
  • When he called me. 
  • For a few minutes but I think it might have been longer. 
  • When they decided to move again. 
  • When it was cancelled. 
  • She had been working too hard. 
  • She hadn’t been crying. 
  • Someone offered me a lift. 
  • It had been snowing all night. 
Download

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Example of Narrative Text - A Little Girl in a Village

Example of Narrative Text - An Honest Boy