All Tenses Exercises (mixed)

All Tenses Exercises (mixed)

A.    Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Present or Present Continuous)
  1. Look! Sara (go) … to the movies.
  2. On her right hand, Sara (carry) … her handbag.
  3. The handbag (be) … very beautiful.
  4. Sara usually (put) … on black shoes but now she (wear) … white trainers.
  5. And look, she (take) … an umbrella because it (rain) …
B.     Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Perfect)
  1. When he (wake up) …, his mother (already /prepare) … breakfast.
  2. We (go) … to London because our friends (invite) … us.
  3. He (hear) … the news, (go) … to the telephone and (call) … a friend.
  4. When she (start) … learning English she (already /learn) … French.
  5. Jane (already / type) … three pages when her computer (crash) …
  6. By the time the doctor (arrive) … at the house the patient (die) …
  7. Before that day we (never / think) … of traveling to Japan.
  8. I (know) … him a long time before I (meet) … his family.
  9. They (not / know) … where to meet because nobody (tell) … them.
  10. It (be) … cloudy for days before it (begin) … to rain.
C.    Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Present Perfect)
  1. I (just / finish) … my homework.
  2. Mary (already / write) … five letters.
  3. Tom (move)) … to his home town in 1994.
  4. My friend (be) … in Canada two years ago.
  5. I (not / be) … to Canada so far.
  6. But I (already / travel) … to London a couple of times.
  7. Last week, Mary and Paul (go) … to the cinema.
  8. I can't take any pictures because I (not /buy) … a new film yet.
  9. (They / spend) … their holidays in Paris last summer?
  10. (You / ever / see ) … a whale?
D.    Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Continuous)
  1. The receptionist (welcome) … the guests and (ask) … them to fill in the form.
  2. The car (break) … down and we (have) … to walk home.
  3. The boys (swim) … while the girls (sunbath) …
  4. My father (come) … in, (look) … and (tell) … me to tidy up my room.
  5. While one group (prepare) … dinner the others (collect) … wood for the campfire.
  6. While the parents (have) … breakfast the children (run) …about.
  7. Martha (turn) … off the light and (go) … to bed.
E.     Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Future or Future Perfect)
  1. Tomorrow I think I (start) … my new project.
  2. I (finish) … it by the end of this month.
  3. The teacher (probably/assign) … a test to his students next Monday.
  4. He (correct) … it by the end of next week.
  5. My friend (certainly/get) … a good mark.
  6. By 9 o'clock, we (finish) … our homework.
  7. They (leave) … the classroom by the end of the hour.
  8. I think I (start) … my trip tomorrow.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Example of Narrative Text - A Little Girl in a Village

Example of Narrative Text - An Honest Boy