Singapore is an island city of about 4 million people. It’s a beautiful city with lots of parks and open spaces. It’s also a clean city. Most of the people live in high-rise flats in different parts of the island. The business district is very modern, with lots of tall new office buildings. Singapore also has some nice older sections. In Chinatown there are rows of old shop houses. The government buildings in Singapore are very beautiful and date from the colonial days. Singapore is famous for its shops and restaurants. There are many good shopping centers. Most of the goods are duty free. Singapore’s restaurants sell Chinese, Indian, Malay and European food, and the prices are quite reasonable.
Answer the following questions.
1. What is Singapore like? Is it beautiful?
2. How big is the population of Singapore?
3. Where do most people live?
4. Is the business district an old place?
5. What can we find in Chinatown?
6. What is Singapore most famous for?