Past Continuous / Progressive

Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive).

 

1.      When I phoned my friends, they (play) ………………. monopoly.

2.      Yesterday at six I (prepare) ………………. dinner.

3.      The kids (play) ………………. in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.

4.      I (practice) ………………. the guitar when he came home.

5.      We (not / cycle) ………………. all day.

6.      While Alan (work) ……………. in his room, his friends (swim) ……………. in the pool.

7.      I tried to tell them the truth but they (not / listen) ……………….

8.      What (you / do) ………………. yesterday?

9.      Most of the time we (sit) ………………. in the park.

10.  I (listen) ………………. to the radio while my sister (watch) ………………. TV.

11.  When I arrived, they (play) ………………. cards.

12.  We (study) ………………. English yesterday at 4:00 pm.


Write positive sentences in past progressive.

 

Example

Yesterday at 6 pm your friends were doing different things.

 

1.      My mother / read / a novel

2.      My father / watch / a movie

3.      My elder sister / writing / in her diary

4.      My two brothers / listen / to the radio

5.      My little sister and I / not / watch / a movie

6.      We / talk / about school



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Example of Narrative Text - A Little Girl in a Village

Example of Narrative Text - An Honest Boy